Saturday, March 7, 2015

No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake

Recipe:
1 pre-made graham cracker crust
1 block of cream cheese, softened (8oz)
½ cup sugar
8oz cool whip
1 package of strawberries

I walk into the kitchen to make my favorite dessert. We don’t make it often because we always want to eat too much of it! I remember when I learned about this recipe…It was 2 or so years ago at a spring cookout we had at work. I saw it sitting with the other desserts, but it stuck out among the rest. Seeing the fresh strawberries on top made me want to try some. I am sure glad I did. It is now a family favorite and delicious also!
I start to gather my ingredients to make this delicious cheesecake. I walk over to the refrigerator and open the door. I grab the block of cream cheese, the container of cool whip and the package of strawberries. I feel how cold they are in my hands. I sit these items on the kitchen counter and hear a light thud as they land.
I turn around to grab the sugar container off of our kitchen counter. I open our kitchen cabinet and get out our cutting board to use it for the strawberries. I sit the cutting board on the counter and hear the thudding as the two connect. I turn on the faucet and begin to rinse off the strawberries so they will be clean. I smell the fruity smell that I love as I feel the water run between my fingers, rinsing off the dirt and germs from the strawberries.
I pull off all of the green leaves from the strawberries and throw them into the trash. I hear a ripping sound while doing this. I start to chop the strawberries on the cutting board and hear a rhythmical chopping sound. The rhythm is calming to me as I hear it over and over. Chop, chop, chop, chop. I take the knife and slide all of the strawberries into a small bowl so they are ready to be used.
I measure out the sugar and pour it into a mixing bowl. I pour the cream cheese and cool whip into the bowl also. I hear an indescribable noise as the cream cheese and cool whip lands in the bowl. It makes a funny sound, and makes me smile. I mix it all those ingredients and get them ready for the cheesecake.
I take the crust and pour in the mix that I just made. I make sure it is approximately the same amount throughout. I take strawberries and drop them onto the cheesecake and attempt to make it look pretty. I can smell the sugar and cream cheese, as well as a hint of fruit. Once I finish putting on the strawberries, I cover it and put it in the refrigerator to solidify some before eating.
I begin to clean up all of the utensils and bowls that I used to make the recipe, and begin to count down in my head how long before we can eat it. Delicious, strawberry goodness.No-Bake Strawberry Cheesecake recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment