Wednesday, February 11, 2015

2/11/2015: Free-writing Blog # 8

Last night was a long night after having to take my daughter to urgent care. We began to give her the antibiotics as soon as I got home. It was very hard to give her the antibiotics. The medicine was nasty tasting as we could tell by her face, so she didn’t want to take it. She kept gagging with it, trying anything she could do to try to get the medicine out of her mouth. When it came to the eye drops for her pink eye, it was absolute hell to try to get them in her eyes. Her eyes were already very swollen and “goopy” so they were hard to get open anyway. When it came to trying to get the drops in her eyes, it was even worse. When she realized what we were trying to do, she squeezed her eyes as shut as she could get them. It took my husband and me both each lifting/pulling an eyelid so we could put the drops in her eyes. I felt so bad for her because I knew that the drops had to sting when they were going in, but we have to give them to her. It will make her feel better in the long run. I just hate to see her suffer. It was hard to get her to sleep also since she was so stuffy and congested. She didn’t want to be left alone at all, so it was very hard to get her to not be fussy in her room. We had to sit with her and keep playing music so she would know that we were there and were comforted. She finally relaxed enough and calmed down enough that she could go to sleep. I was afraid that she wouldn’t sleep very well due to being so congested, but she slept all night long. I am so glad that she did. We needed the sleep, and so did she. I woke up to her moving around a bit throughout the night, but she never fussed or anything. I think her body knew that she needed to rest.

Word Count: 354 words


No comments:

Post a Comment