Saturday, February 14, 2015

2/15/15: Free-writing Post #12

I have so much stuff to do this weekend for school it is ridiculous. I want to spend a lot of time with my children on the weekends, but it definitely isn’t happening this weekend. I have way too much stuff due. What I find ridiculous is the amount of homework I have for the classes I am taking. I am only taking 8 credit hours and I have a ginormous amount of work to be done. I sure didn’t think that taking 3 classes would lead to this much work. I don’t even know if I can make it through the rest of this semester. I am so discouraged. I just want to be with my children, but I can’t. I can’t drop classes because then I would have to pay back a crap ton of money to the school that I don’t have. If I wasn’t doing classes though I would get to spend time with my kids and my husband when I came home from work. I would get to see what each one of them was doing and how my daughter was growing. With school I am not getting that opportunity. Being in school also seems to be hurting my relationship with my husband. My husband is having to do most of the childcare in the evenings since I am trying to do school work, and he is getting so frustrated about it. When I decided to go to school, he agreed to watch the kids like he is now. At that time he said that he would be fine with watching them so I could do my homework, but that isn’t the case now. He doesn’t want to be the only one taking care of our children. I completely understand that also, but I can’t help it right now.

Word Count: 304 words

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jayla,

    I am sorry you're feeling so stressed out! I am working full time and taking fifteen hours, but I do not have kids. I can only imagine how hard it is to balance all three! I know you've got a lot of schoolwork on your plate right now, and I know you want to spend more time with your family. I would say this: you can make it through this semester. We're already halfway through February, so there's really only two and a half months left before finals! You can do this. One big push until summer, then you'll get to spend all the time at night and on weekends with your family that you want. I think it will be worth it in the end.

    YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!
    ~K~

    ReplyDelete