Thursday, February 19, 2015

2/19/15: Free-writing Post #16

Due to being sick, as well as my daughter being sick, I am just now starting to read The Heart and the Fist. I have a lot to read already since I am already behind, but I can only do so much. Regardless of what things I have to do, my family and children are top priority. When they are sick, they get every second of my spare time. When they are sick, they need more time with mommy and more cuddle time since they don’t feel good.
I think the book will be a good read, especially with the topic. I am pretty interested in Navy Seals right now since seeing American Sniper a few weeks ago. Navy Seals would be an interesting field of the military to be in due to the work you do. Being in the military is only for certain people, and I am not one of them. I am not physically strong enough or emotionally strong either. I would not be able to handle it.
In American Sniper, Chris has a hard time turning off the military, so to speak, when he goes home to his family. It seems that he has a type of post-traumatic stress disorder, and can’t calm down when he is not in the war field. He was so determined on saving his country, he couldn’t quit going on tours, and soon became the best sniper in military history.
I am curious as to what exactly The Heart and the Fist will be about, as to what path he decided to go down in his book.

I also cross my fingers, hoping that my health will stay well, and also that my family’s health would stay well. My daughter is currently getting over her sickness, as well as my son and I. This weather makes it so hard to stay healthy though. We will just have to cross our fingers and make sure we stay healthy.

Word Count: 326 words

1 comment:

  1. Recently I just watched American Sniper and I think that I understood some parts of it better after reading The Heart and the Fist. The movie broke my heart and I was in tears at the end. Sometimes it is easy to sit back and enjoy our freedom without thinking about what our men and women in the military and currently going through. I believe books and movies like The Heart and the Fist and American Sniper help make people more aware of what is really going on overseas.

    ReplyDelete