Sunday, February 8, 2015

2/8/15: Free-writing Post #5

I packed up as much stuff as I could to take to David’s apartment, and was on my way. I was officially a “free girl” and didn’t have to obey to anyone’s rules. I was so excited to not be a dog on a leash anymore. It was amazing. I could do what I wanted whenever I wanted. I had never had that complete freedom before.
I got settled in at the apartment, and was good to go. David’s brother used to live in that apartment with him, and would be leaving to go to college soon, so I would be able to have more room in the apartment. We helped his brother pack up and move his things and get them to where he was going to be staying. A few days later, his brother was officially moved out. It was just David and I in the apartment. When his brother moved out, he left a few things that he didn’t need on campus, which then became mine. He didn’t need his twin sized bed or dressers, and those items really helped me out. I didn’t or couldn’t bring those things with me when I left my parents’ house.
We got the apartment organized and situated how we liked it, and it felt awesome. David had one bed in the bedroom, and I had another. I was able to put my clothes and things in the dresser and closet, and everything was put away. This living arrangement worked well for us, and everything was great. My parents knew that I was living with David, but David’s family did not. We told them that we were living together, and that this was how it was going to be. They didn’t really like it at first, but they didn’t have any say in what we were going to do.
Our living situation worked out great. David and I both worked, but we each had our own vehicles, so we could each come and go as we wanted. Our schedules were pretty similar. We both worked mornings and early afternoons, and would both be home in the evenings. I liked being able to go to work and then come home and spend time with him. We had lots of fun. His apartment had a pool, so we got to go swimming a lot. We did lots of fun things together, and enjoyed our time together.
Eventually I told David that I wanted to get an animal for the apartment. He didn’t really like the idea, but he let me pursue getting one. We decided to go the Humane Society and see what they had available. We didn’t really want a kitten, so we looked at the puppies instead. We were both fixated on one cage there. The cage had two puppies in it; they were from the same litter. We asked if we could see them, and he picked up the white one, and I picked up the black one. We liked both of them, but knew that we could only get one. I really liked the black one, and so we decided to see what he was like. They had a little area where we could take him for a walk and make our decision.

We walked the dog around for a while, and he loved spending time with us. I told David that I really wanted this dog, and he agreed with me getting him. The person who had dropped him off at shelter had named him Duke, and we liked the name. We decided to keep him named Duke, and took him home with us. 

Word Count: 606 words

No comments:

Post a Comment