Saturday, February 7, 2015

Know Your Audience Analysis

The Know Your Audience assignment in our previous lesson was great since we don’t see our classmates face to face. We got to know each other better, and ask fun questions at the same time. There were a lot of questions posted on the Discussion Board, with a wide variety of answers. I liked all of the questions, but a few of them stuck out to me.
My favorite question was by Michelle Robinson. It was interesting to see how many people were from Missouri or born elsewhere. The results were close to half and half. I was a little surprised by the results. I figured that there would be a lot more Missouri natives instead of the numbers being close together.
Another question I liked was posted by Misty Peak. As a parent, I like to know other parents. Even though I will never know most of the people in this class, I still like to know other parents. The numbers were more spread apart on this question. In our class, it appears that 15 of us are parents, and 9 of us are not. I calculated our average number of children, and thought the result would be higher. Our average number of children is 2. As a class, we have a total of 35 kids.
I am always a fan of cat versus dog questions, and was happy to see that this question was posted on our blog (Marcella Parks). Dogs were quite a bit more popular than cats in our class. 21 students like dogs, and 7 students like cats. This question also had some neither/undecided answers. Neither/undecided had 6 student votes, which was very close to the cat total. Ever since I can remember, I have been an animal lover, so to see neither responses was interesting.
The question that seemed to have the most variety of answers, was Ms. Anthony’s question about our color of attitude. I was surprised to see so many colors listed. I figured that basic colors would be the main choices, and that a lot of our answers would be the same. Instead, we had 12 different color options, and the top choice was a combination of colors. The top single color choice was a tie between gray and blue.
For this assignment, multiple people asked the same or similar questions regarding moving to another place or traveling. It seems like everyone wants to move somewhere else or travel a lot, if we had the time to do so. A lot of people might also be thinking what it would be like to not be in school or burdened with everyday life.

Overall, it seems that our class has a variety of opinions and are very diverse. Some of our answers were similar though. I think that we have a good combination of diverse and similar in our class. I love that we are more diverse, however. It will make our discussions much more interesting and involved.

Word Count: 496 words

No comments:

Post a Comment