Friday, February 6, 2015

2/6/15: Free-writing Post #3

For this blog, I think I will tell you about how I met my husband. The other piece to my happiness. Family, my children, and my husband make me very happy. I have been married to my husband for 7 years now. When I met him, I was a junior in high school. I had never seen or heard of him before. I had got to know the girl I sat by in my computer class, and one day she told me that she wanted me to meet someone. I didn’t really want to meet anyone, but I agreed that I would. I could always just meet the person, and then leave them alone after that if I didn’t like them.
After agreeing to meet this person, I began to ask her more questions about this person. How old were they, what did they look like, etc.? I should have asked these questions before agreeing to meet the person, but I didn’t. She let me know that she had never met him either, but her boyfriend was good friends with him and they both thought that he and I should be together.
We decided on a date and location and then the wait was on. We decided that we would do a double date at Lighthouse Lanes Bowling Alley.  I can’t remember how long it was from the initial conversation until we had the double date, but I think it might have been the same week. The night before we were to meet, I decided that I might look better if I was a little darker skinned. I am a pretty pale skinned girl, and I didn’t think that was attractive. Unfortunately, I don’t tan very often, so I didn’t know how much time to tell the worker at the tanning salon. I guessed a number, and off I went to get darker skin. When the timer went off, I was nice and toasty warm, and was ready to go home and take a nap.
Once I awoke from my nap, I went to the bathroom and noticed my skin in the bathroom. It was a little red on my cheeks, and quite a bit brighter on my shoulders and legs. I had turned into a human lobster! I wanted to just add a bit of color to my skin, but not turn bright red. That wasn’t going to be good for my date. I kept putting Aloe-Vera lotion on my skin to try to take the red out faster, but it wasn’t working very well. That night when I was trying to sleep, it was virtually impossible since I was so red and so burnt. My whole body hurt and if anything touched it, it hurt like hell.
The day finally came for my date, and the time went by pretty slowly. I stayed at home and didn’t do anything, and then finally got ready to go. I was still pretty red, but I didn’t want to back out of the date, so off I went. I got to Lighthouse Lanes and waited for the others to arrive. I saw my friend arrive, and we waited for the boys to show up. My friend said that they would be there any minute, so I began to scan the parking lot like crazy to try to get a glimpse of who the guy might be. I finally saw two guys walking together, and my friend told me which one I was going to meet.
I met him and we began to talk, bowl, and have fun. We all had a great time. We agreed that we would stay in touch and get to know each other better and see what happened from there. To see what else happens after we left our date that night, you will have to stay tuned for another blog.


 Word Count: 644 words

No comments:

Post a Comment