Monday, February 9, 2015

2/9/15: Free-writing Blog Post #6

My job will be the focus of today’s blog post. I have only been at my job for a little over a month now. That would be the official response anyway. I started working for my boss in October or September of last year. I only worked on Saturdays because I worked at a different job full time. My official hire date was January 1st of this year. I now work at TheraCare Outpatient Services here in Springfield. TheraCare is a privately owned therapy clinic. It opened last year in May. At first, the clinic was only the owner and a receptionist. The initial receptionist that she hired didn’t work out, and after she left, Melanie, the owner, kept doing receptionist type things also. Eventually, she began to look for another receptionist because it was too much for her to try to run her business, see patients, and do receptionist type work. I worked with her at the job I was at in 2014 because she did PRN (as needed) therapy services there. I scheduled her for speech patients there, and she knew what things I was capable of. When she found out that I was looking for other work, she offered me to work for her. I wanted to go work for her at that moment, but I couldn’t due to needing insurance. My insurance was through the job that I had, and I couldn’t lose it without having other coverage. I couldn’t get new insurance until the beginning of 2015. I started at the beginning of the year, and since I have been there, we have added quite a few new patients, as well as added some new therapists. Her clinic is growing in leaps and bounds, and is further than where she anticipated it would be at this point in time. She hasn’t even been open a full year yet. It is amazing to see something new grow the way it is.


Word Count: 325 words

No comments:

Post a Comment