Saturday, February 7, 2015

2/7/15: Free-writing Post # 4

Yesterday, I left off on my blog with meeting my husband for the first time. We did stay in touch and got to know each other, and eventually we got married. After our initial date, we began to talk on the phone and text regularly. We talked about anything and everything, and we talked a lot. I liked him and wanted to get to know him more and more. It was hard for us to get together places though. My parents were very protective of me and wouldn't let me go many places. I had a driver’s license and my own car, but they still wouldn't let me go. I began to make up excuses of where I was going, and would have him meet me there so we could talk for a while. I would often go to the library to work on school work and would have him meet me there a lot. Once I started meeting him there, I never worked on school work at the library, and just spent time with him. My parents didn't know that I wasn't doing school work and hanging out with him, so it worked great. I still got all of my assignments done on time.
Eventually I let my mom know that we were going to hang out regardless of what they said, and that they should just let me spend time with him anyway. My mom didn’t like the idea very much, but she talked to my dad, and they began to loosen some restrictions. I was able to hang out with him certain days and times, and at first that was fine with me. I began though to get very annoyed with not being able to make my own decisions and do what I wanted with my time, so I told my parents I was going to move out. I told them that I was going to stay with his sister for a few days and get away from all of their rules. I had truly planned to stay with his sister, but I didn’t like the place she was staying at, so I told David (my future husband) that I couldn’t stay there. He told me that I could stay at his place and sleep in the bedroom and that he would sleep on the couch.
I liked that idea even better, and stayed there for a few days. After I had been there for a few days, my mom called me and asked if I would come home and give my parents another chance. I didn’t really want to, but I told them I would. When I got back home though, my dad was still being really strict and I didn’t want anything to do with that. I told them that I would stay a few days with David and then stay one night with them and keep doing that pattern. I began to try that, but I still didn’t like having absolute freedom at David’s, and then rules at my parents’ house. I told my parents that I just couldn’t stay at their house anymore but that I would still stay in touch with them quite frequently.

Will continue again on tomorrow’s post. 

Word Count: 538 words

No comments:

Post a Comment